Community Energy Fortnight 2015 is a fantastic series of events running up and down the UK from 5th – 20th September, with a focus on promoting a clean, affordable and secure energy system which places communities at its heart. These events aim to inform and encourage communities across the UK to own, generate and save energy together.
Local Energy Scotland are hosting a number of events in Scotland in September in support of Community Energy Fortnight.
- Along with Argyll & Bute Council,we are in Lochgilphead on 9 September promoting community-owned renewables and shared ownership opportunities.
- Monday 14 September: Fergus Ewing, Minister for Business, Energy and Tourism, will be opening Marshill Farm wind project in South Lanarkshire, a joint community-owned wind farm.
- A site visit to Galson Community Wind Project in the Western Isles will be taking place on Tuesday 15 September.
- We are pleased to announce that the Scottish Government Good Practice Principles for Shared Ownership will be launched by Minister Ewing on the 15 September.
Friends of the Earth Scotland are also involved in a number of events:
- Street stall to inform the public about community energy in Scotland, including existing initiatives, where to get support and information about the Edinburgh Community Solar Co-operative.
Rose Street, Edinburgh. Mon 14- Wed 16th 12pm-3pm. (weather permitting!)
- Workshop in Newcastle to demonstrate the potential of community energy and skill up communities in kickstarting their own projects. Saturday 12th Sep Book your space now
- Community Energy & Local Government: Capacity building on financial models – zooming in on Energy Service Companies. London, Wed 9th Sep More info
You can check out the full UK list of events by clicking here